Saturday 7 February 2015

THANK GOD IT'S FAVOURITES: M.A.C. Matte Lipstick in Russian Red

MAC matte lipstick in Russian Red

Welcome to part two of this week's M.A.C. loving (see part one here!), which now brings me to the Russian Red lipstick. Or as it is also known, the best damn red lipstick ever. (Don't even try to convince me about Ruby Woo, the shade is just not quite as good).

Until Christmas, I did not own a M.A.C. lipstick, which as a self-confessed lip product obsessive, is faintly ridiculous. Noll very kindly rectified this and bought me this lipstick, and it was the best present ever.

I have previously raved about the L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Blake's Pure Red, in fact declaring it the perfect red lipstick at the time. I realise this makes me sound very fickle changing my mind just a couple of months later, but Russian Red really is even better. (Don't worry, the L'Oreal one is still pretty good). I solemnly swear I will not change my mind again.

It's quite hard to explain why exactly this is so perfect, except that it just is. It is just the absolute perfect pure red shade, blue enough to make teeth look white but still staying a really good pillarbox red. I find it incredibly flattering for my skintone, but the magic is that it doesn't just suit ridiculously-pale people. Noll actually decided to get it for me after seeing Sammi from the beautycrush wear it, and we have wildly different skintones but it still looks fab on both of us (if I don't say so myself).

It is also super long-lasting and it doesn't bleed at all, so although I tend to use it with MAC's Cherry lipliner, obviously, this really isn't necessary, it stays put by itself. In terms of actually using and applying it, it is a real joy because it smells incredible (kind of like vanilla-y play doh, yum). It also doesn't drag on the lips at all and despite the matte finish feels quite moisturising, which is so unusual.

Although I do not have the budget at the moment to collect these lipsticks, much though I would like to never use any other brand again, I really do think you get what you pay for with this because the formula is just so good. As I said in my review of MAC Cherry, I am definitely considering getting another one at some point, I just have to decide which...

Px


MAC matte lipstick in Russian Red

No comments:

Post a Comment