Saturday 13 December 2014

THANK GOD IT'S FAVOURITES: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation


You can’t be a reader of beauty blogs, or even someone who spends a slightly unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, without having heard of Nars Sheer Glow. It cropped up on my radar a couple of years ago and I wanted it immediately. It was to be my first higher-end foundation purchase, and I just loved it.

I have it in the shades Deauville and Gobi, which I switch up or blend depending on the season/my general level of pallor, but I generally go for Deauville because it’s got a slightly yellower tone. There’s a huge range of shades though, so if you’re looking to get some (and you ABSOLUTELY SHOULD) I really recommend going into a shop (in the UK, House of Fraser, Debenhams or Space NK are good bets) and getting shade-matched.

Sheer Glow (£31 on their website) is ostensibly a medium-coverage foundation, but what I like best about it is the amount that’s packed into the product – a bit like a sheer lipstick with a really intense colour payoff, if that makes sense. It doesn’t go on very thickly or anything, but, as you can see in the picture, it really does even out the skin tone and also cover minor imperfections beautifully.

My absolute favourite thing about this favourite (ha) is the finish – I’m all about the glow, as because I’m pale I sometimes veer towards looking a bit sallow, and the first time I put this product on I remember how pleased I was with the brightness and freshness of it. It’s without the shine you sometimes get with other brightening foundations, and it creates a really natural base even while offering more coverage than my day-to-day foundation.

The only negative things I have to say about this product have to do with the packaging. It comes in a square screw-top bottle, which I don’t mind too much, except that for me at least I can never get the lid to screw on straight, so it’s not at all ideal for travelling. You can, however, buy little pumps to screw on instead, so it’s a workable problem but still a bit annoying when it could just come with a pump in the first place.

These problems are so minor compared to how much I love this foundation, though – it’s not the most budget-friendly option, but it’s so lovely. I use it for special occasions, because I know it’s always going to turn out beautifully and it adds a little something extra. I’m pretty sure that even if I ever make it to millionaire status (you know, in the next couple of years, whatever), Nars products will still give me a bit of a flutter, and for excellent, excellent reasons.




2 comments:

  1. I've never tried a Nars product before but this sounds amazing! I love how it gives you a dewy complexion! It's definitely going on my wish list. xx

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete