Sunday 28 December 2014

HOT FOR TEACHER: New Year's Eve Make-up and Hair


So we both got insanely busy in December and failed a little in doing any Christmas party festive looks but now we have New Year's Eve to prepare for instead yay!

I feel like this year there has been a particular revolt against the eyes *or* lips rule, with everyone just doing whatever they like, so to celebrate that, and because I think it will carry on into 2015 as well, (for example at the London SS15 catwalk shows!), I thought what better look to do than bold eyes and lips together?!

Face
My base is just did my normal routine and didn't get any good photos of it so I will just give you a little list of the products I used: Benefit The Porefessional and Benefit That Gal primers, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25Hr Nude foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up and Collection Lasting Perfection concealers, Benefit High Beam Highlighter, and Lord & Berry Bronzer.
I would have also done eyebrows at this point but it just looks too terrifying without eye makeup so I'm going to have to leave it till later. Blusher also I am not very good at judging without other colour on my face...

On my eyes I'm going to be using shades from the Urban Decay Ammo palette to make things easier, because although mine is ancient, they have just rereleased it and it is only £16 at Debenhams at the moment! Bargain for 10 super pigmented eyeshadows I think. Anyway, first I took the peachy shimmery Sin all over my eyelids, pretty much up to my brows, then I put the gold Maui Wowie in my inner corner and along the inner third of my lower lash line using an eyeliner brush. 
I then used the lilac shade Grifter on the outer third/half of my eyelid, followed by the deeper purple aubergine-y colour Last Call in my crease and along the outer two thirds of my lower lash line. After this I just did winged liquid eyeliner and mascara, using as always the Bourjois Liner Clubbing Ultra Black and Volume 1 Seconde Mascara Ultra Black. At this point I also did my eyebrows quickly using Bobbi Brown eyeshadow in Mahogany (still looking a bit terrifying but should be balanced out by lipstick, fingers crossed...) and blusher using Rimmel's Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 010 Santa Rose.


scary close-up...
If you wanted something more understated, you could leave it here and just put a nude or rose lip tint or gloss on, but given that lips are my favourite part of any look, I am clearly not going to do that - instead I am going all out with an attempt at an ombre lip. To start with, I used the Topshop Matte Lip Bullet in Get Me Bodied, which is a gorgeous vampy purple, all over my lips. For actual NYE, where it will have to survive all night, I will be using a lipliner first but I have yet to actually acquire one. For just taking pictures, this lasts well enough. After that, I then used the L'Oreal Paris Collection Exclusive Color Riche lipstick in Blake's Red (reviewed here) in the centre of my lips, top and bottom. Having the lighter/brighter colour in the middle really makes them look fuller, which is especially great for a matte lipstick combo. It is a very subtle effect but in the best possible way - I love it!

Hair
unbrushed curls
To finish the look off, I decided to curl my hair, just in the same way as in this tutorial, using my Lee Stafford Twisted Wand. To prep, I used the VO5 Cherish My Colour Lustre Boost Balm on damp hair as well as my normal Moroccanoil Light and volumising mousse (at the moment Schwarzkopf got2b Rise 'n Shine), just to really protect it from the heat.
After curling all my hair (rather badly!), I brushed out the curls to get the look you can see in the final, bigger, pictures at the top and below.


So there you have my NYE beauty look! I would have shown you nails but the polish I ordered hasn't arrived yet but I can tell you what it is, which is the OPI OY Another Polish Joke! Nail Lacquer, which is the most incredible gold colour. I could say that it is deliberately tied in with the gold on my eyes, but really, I just love the colour, and also it is only £3.99 on LookFantastic.com right now... 

Outfit-wise I haven't quite decided yet, apart from these stunning gold-plated heeled ankle boots from Missguided, which are just one of the most beautiful pair of shoes ever.

So that's me, but what are you all doing for New Year's Eve? Have you decided on outfits or makeup or plans at all or do you tend to also leave things to the last minute...? Let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment