Monday 1 December 2014

THANK GOD IT'S (Monday) FAVOURITES: No7 Instant Radiance Bronzing Highlighter


I love a convenient product. Something I mentioned over and over again in my everyday makeup post (sorry not sorry) is ease of use, especially with products I want to be using in the morning, when I can’t really function before noon. Even then it’s sometimes a struggle.

The No7 Bronzing Highlighter came out this summer (£9.95) along with its little highlighter friend, and I fell in love. It was a summer romance that has carried on into the dead of winter (when anything that will add colour to my ashen zombie face is much appreciated).

It’s a cream product in the form of a twist-up stick that I apply straight to my face before blending with a brush. It comes out quite thick and gold at first but blends really easily and naturally into a lovely soft hint of colour – that’s what makes it so great for really gentle, everyday, little bit half-arsed contouring. Right up my street.In the picture, I've just taken it along my jawline, under my cheekbones and up a little towards the temple. Please ignore how wrecked I look; it was very early in the morning.

I usually prefer liquid products over cream, as cream can sometimes feel a bit thick and turn a bit patchy throughout the day, but the formula of this product is really lightweight and smooth, so that you can layer as much or as little as you like. It can also be used as a cream eyeshadow – it’s subtle but it’s gorgeous under other colours as a coloured primer or just smoothed around the edges of a smoky eye.

The one drawback I can think of for this as a bronzer is the colour – it does only come in one shade (its highlighter friend is a pearly, pink-based colour). It works really well on my skin as a light bronzer, but anyone with darker skin would probably find it works as more of a gold-toned highlighter or in combination with a darker bronzer for a bit of sheen. Even so, I would still recommend seeing how the colour works with your skin and giving it a go, because it’s so lovely and easy to use, and it made the above picture ten times less horrifying than it would otherwise have been. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so pretty! I'd really like to try this out. I've always loved No7 products! x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's really nice to use; you should definitely try it! N x

      Delete