Thursday 12 February 2015

EVERYDAY FACE: POPPY


First things first: 100th post! *happy dance!* SO exciting :) I can't actually believe we made it (although Noll may have something to say about that) but we did so well done us and thank you all for reading!

Now that that's out of the way... I realised recently I have been using basically the same products pretty much all over my face (there is one exception since the beginning of this week but I'll get onto that later) for a few months now and that is pretty special. I tend to never be happy with my make-up but I have actually got a pretty good routine going right now and that needs to be celebrated. And recorded for posterity.

One of the reasons I am happy with my makeup right now is definitely because I am also reasonably happy with my skincare, but I will save that for another post. After my cleanse, tone, moisturise (plus a few more steps...) routine, I pop a primer on. I used to focus on using silicone-based smoothing and mattifying ones, like Maybelline Baby Skin and Benefit Porefessional, but when my skin was particularly dry and dull this winter I tried Benefit That Gal and I have not looked back, it just feels so good and provides a gorgeous luminous base.

Next up is foundation, and I am super loving Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation at the moment in the shade Light Porcelain (the palest). It feels just lovely, gives decent coverage but not too much, and gives a dewy finish while managing to actually last as well. You can definitely apply this with fingers because the consistency is that good, but I usually use the e.l.f. Stipple Brush. I then pop on a bit of concealer under my eyes and sometimes on my chin or where else is needed using my Beauty Blender sponge. I use either the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer pictured (in Fair), or sometimes Rimmel Wake Me Up in Ivory.

After my base is done, I move onto cheeks. Again I have been really loving a dewy look with this, so I use Benefit High Beam to highlight my cheekbones, just dabbing it along with my fingers. If I am going for a stronger look, I tend to add bronzer to contour but for everyday it's just one thing too many so I skip straight to blusher. I use Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Santa Rose because this is just the prettiest coral colour ever.

Once my skin is all done, I set my T-zone with the e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder. This stuff is just incredible. I desperately need to do a favourites post on it because it has been genuinely life-changing. I used to have the absolute worst nose oil-slick situation and this has completely stopped it, but I will save the rest of the loving for a future post.

Moving on to eyes the first thing I should point out is that although I included the Collection Fast Stroke Eye Liner in the picture above, I am not in fact wearing it in the photos of me. This is definitely the first thing I skip if I'm in a rush, because while if it goes well it takes just a minute or two, I am pretty rubbish at it and sometimes it just takes forever. The pictures of my face are taken after work in the makeup I wore to work, and that morning I woke up late, so there you go. Equally some days I curl my lashes and some days I don't. What I always use though, is Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara, because it is just amazing (I raved about it here). My eyelashes are really rubbish at the moment, but I promise you it is the most incredible mascara.

After I have done my mascara, I move onto brows. These are probably the main thing I would be thinking about changing at the moment, because something is not quite right, but I haven't really put my finger on it yet so for now we're sticking with this. I use Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil in Mahogany Red to try to add some warmth so they look okay with my hair, as well as to add some much needed definition. I then add Maybelline Brow Drama in Medium Brown to try to blend this in a bit more with the natural colour of my brows and keep everything in place. I reviewed the mascara here, and I do actually quite like it so maybe I am looking for a new pencil - any recommendations?

Finally I finish off with lips. This is the part I changed recently because I dyed my hair this week, in theory the same colour as before but it was so faded that actually it is quite dramatic. When it was faded, I was going for a sort of 90s nude-ish lip most of the time using the Maybelline Color Drama Pencil in Nude Perfection, but since dyeing it and it being a lot redder and a lot darker, I have found a rosy lip looks a lot better. I have mostly been using the Balm's Staniac in Beauty Queen, but also sometimes Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lasting Finish Lip Tint in Perpetual Plum, which I stocked up on before it was sadly discontinued.

This seems like a beast of a post and a ton of products, but I promise this takes all of 20 minutes really, unless I attempt and mess up liquid eyeliner. I hope you guys find it interesting to hear what we both wear everyday - you can check out Noll's version here. Please let us know in the comments what you like to use everyday, especially any multi-tasking products or if there is anything you skip yourself or feel that I have missed out on - it's so interesting to hear!

P x

Bloglovin' / Twitter / Instagram

P.S. We do not get sponsored for putting up links - I just tried to find the cheapest supplier at time of publishing!

2 comments:

  1. i just had my 100th post too! happy birthday(ish) *high five*
    such a simple but pretty look :)

    madelainelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete